Friday, November 19, 2010

For all of these and much, much more

Each breath that ties me to this fallen world and the life I love; 
This imperfect body that cradles and nourishes my growing babe; 
Strong legs and firm feet that walk on crunching leaves and run in early morning light;  
Eyes that see soft sunshine filter through the Autumn leaves and the shy, unconscious smile that really lights up my husband's face;  
A mouth that sings lullabies and silly songs and shushes my little one back to sleep; 
A tongue that savors warm bread, pumpkin lattes, chocolate cupcakes, and all things good to eat;
Hands that feel and grasp and pet soft brown fur;
Ears that hear the staccato of a wooden spoon exploring every surface within reach and the soft, sleepy talk of my little one nestling in at night ;
A nose that smells the coffee brewing and the scent that comes on a cold, rainy day;
A mind that remembers, a soul that hopes and a heart that is held by my Savior.

I am thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment