Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 12

So, tonight I was facing another dinner out - a welcome change but also a challenge to choose wisely while my family indulged... mere inches from my face.  We are going out with my in-laws, and my only request was to know which restaurant we were going to beforehand so that I could research the menu for "cleanse friendly" options.  Through the process of elimination we decided on Mellow Mushroom - a selection that appealed to everyone and had several "cleanse friendly" options.  My nutritional/fitness guru -- Jodie --helped me select a delicious, cleanse-appropriate meal.  


Later...
I am learning that not every meal out has to be an indulgence.  There will certainly be times to eat what I WANT (and enjoy the heck out of it) rather than just what my body NEEDS, but tonight was not that night.  I ordered my salad and OMG it was soooooo good -- one of the best salads I have ever had.  It just goes to show that it IS possible to eat delicious, nourishing, clean foods even at a pizza place!!!

So, here's WHAT I ATE TODAY

Breakfast
  • coffee
  • chocolate pineapple smoothie - i tried a new one this morning and it was delicious!
    • 2 scoops protein powder
    • 1 tsp coco powder
    • 6 chunks frozen pineapple
    • 1 spinach cube
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1.5 cups almond-coconut milk

Post-workout smoothie

  • a second chocolate pineapple smoothie (see above)



Lunch

  • roasted green beans
  • sweet potato
  • 1/2 c lentils



Dinner

  • a build-your own salad from Mellow Mushroom
    • a spinach base
    • red peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onion
    • avocado and chicken for protein
    • esperanza dressing on the side (half of one container)
  • sugar-free, chocolate pudding cup 


No comments:

Post a Comment