Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 7

Caffeine...  As week one of my cleanse ends I'm realizing more and more just how addicted I am.  This realization comes in the form of another headache.  It started last night and persisted into the morning, but went away after I drank my morning coffee.  A strict cleanse does not allow for coffee or dairy (I use half and half in my coffee), but I knew I wasn't ready for the hardcore version.  I've got an exuberant 2-year-old, a busy husband, and a host of other daily things that need my attention...  So, for now I am thankful for my morning coffee and anticipating a reduction in physical symptoms as my body adjusts.

Here's a breakdown of week one:
The Good

  1. This week has not been as hard as I was anticipating.  I have really enjoyed researching & coming up with different recipes that cleanse and nourish my body.  
  2. I decided not to weigh this week.  I figured that regardless of what the scale said I would continue cleansing because I am not just dieting, I am changing my life.  
  3. I "feel" smaller, especially around my middle.  I don't know if it is psychological or reality, but it feels good so I'll take it!

The Bad

  1. The headaches are no fun, but they are manageable.
  2. This one could be good or bad.  I'm realizing that I have not been kind to my body in the past.  I have been eating according to what I want not what my body needs.  I believe there will come a time for more balance; time for including things that I may want like birthday cake, a special meal with family, or a glass of wine with friends. But for right now I am content to be where I am on my journey.


Here's WHAT I ATE TODAY
Breakfast:

  • coffee
  • a green smoothie
    • 2 spinach cubes
    • 1/2 avocado
    • 2 scoops whey protein powder
    • 1.5 c almond milk

Post-workout:

  • green smoothie (same as before)

Snack:

  • banana with almond butter (we were babysitting at a friends house so I made do with what I had available)

Dinner:

  • 1 c lentils
  • 1/2 c brown rice (normally you are encouraged to eat EITHER brown rice OR lentils on any given day, but I didn't eat very much earlier in the day and I was HUNGRY... so, I did what worked for me.  Better than the Chick fil A we picked up for Bo or the tatertots the hubs made!)
  • left over portabella mushroom 

"Dessert":

  • half cup each: plain, non-fat Greek yogurt and coconut milk
  • 2 peaches (diced and partially frozen)
  • 2 T ground flaxseed

It's almost 6 PM and I'm still headache free...  yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment