Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 15/16

Yesterday was Day 15, the start of the third and final week of the cleanse.  It was also the first day that I didn't get to post.  Being a mama is so special and it means putting the needs of my little one first.  Last night (which is when I usually find time to post) my little one needed me.  So, I held him tight and treasured the closeness because I know he is growing up quickly.
J-bo



So, a quick recap of week 2...
1) I love that J-bo is trying and eating healthy foods!  Since I began the cleanse 2 weeks ago he has asked for triple helpings of BROCCOLI and portabella mushrooms, tried asparagus, seaweed (not liked by either of us), protein muffins, fruit "leather", and green smoothies.  He still eats dessert after dinner (typically a cookie from Trader Joes or an ice cream cup), and gets to have fun treats like Trader Joe's "cheetos", cereal bars, and chocolate chip pancakes.  I don't know what he eats with his Grammie, but I've heard rumors of powdered doughnuts and reece's pieces.  He's a kid after all and eating is fun :)
Ninja Master Prep Blender
2) We got a new blender, a Ninja Master Prep!!  It's so cool...  Our local Big Lots had them very reduced - we paid under $30, typically closer to $100.  I just dump everything in and ta-da... it's blended.  Saves me so much time!!!
3) J-bird and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises.  LOVED IT!  Christian Bale (swoon).  Anne Hathaway (J-bird swoons).  Joseph Gordon-Levitt (swoon).  I have been a huge fan of the Batman franchise since I was a little girl - back to the Michael Keaton days.  I can remember my Grandfather (who passed away 2 years ago) taking me to see them - it was something special just the two of us did together.  Since I wanted to stick to the cleanse that meant no popcorn for me, so I brought my own snack - grapes and sugar-free lemonade.  It worked out perfectly and I didn't feel deprived or cheated on the movie experience.


DAY 16...
started off with another headache.  It was a long night with J-bo.  He had trouble going to sleep; it was an evening filled with tears and extra cuddles from Daddy and Mama.  By the time I got to bed I could feel the headache coming on; it got worse over-night.  J-bo woke frequently - crying or scratching at his miserable bug bites.  We have tried everything to keep the mosquitoes away - citronella candles, tiki torches, bug spray, treating the yard, etc.  The only thing that seems to help is staying inside, which just isn't possible when you're two.  Trying to take it easy today and drinking lots of fluids.

Here's WHAT I ATE TODAY
Breakfast: coffee + spinach/blueberry smoothie
Lunch: brown rice pasta + zucchini/squash + grapes + sf-vanilla pudding
Dinner: chicken breast + sweet potato
After dinner: decaf coffee + yogurt and a banana

No comments:

Post a Comment