Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 4 Cleanse

Today I woke up feeling like a rock star.  My mouth is hurting less which has allowed me to expand my menu a bit by adding in some raw veggies.  I've had more energy and more patience with my little fella (which makes everybody happy) and feel clearer mentally.

I'm also renewed in my resolve to shed weight and to be fit and healthy.  This happened when a good friend of mine was asked to teach a fitness class at the gym.  She's my best friend so I am thrilled for her.  She has a stellar personality and an infectious energy.  She also has a way of making people feel at ease, so she would make a great instructor!!  My biggest struggle has always been my diet.  I carry my weight in my middle which is not attractive and is a direct result of the food I eat.  Although I believe that I am as strong (or stronger) physically as my friend, I do not look as good/lean as she does and I do not have her energy (which may or may not be why she was offered the opportunity and I wasn't).  I celebrate and congratulate my friend in her success.  She deserves it!  And she has inspired me to be a better version of myself... no, the BEST version of myself - starting with this cleanse.  So, here's to getting shredded , y'all :)

WHAT I ATE TODAY


Breakfast Smoothie:

  • 1/2 avocado
  • spinach
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1/2 c coconut milk
  • 1/2 c almond milk
  • 1 scoop whey protein powder

Lunch Smoothie:

  • 1/2 c greek yogurt
  • 1/2 c almond milk
  • 1/2 c water
  • 2 T almond butter
  • 2 T wheat germ
  • 1/2 frozen banana 

Snack:

  • raw orange and yellow bell peppers
  • raw cucumber

Dinner:

  • 1/2 c brown rice
  • steamed asparagus
  • spinach pesto - (I modified the recipe to be more cleanse friendly) 2 c spinach, 1/4 c evoo or evco, 1 T basil, 1 T garlic, 1 T lemon juice, 2 T wheat germ, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
  • sliced tomato
Snack:
  • 1/4 c non-fat, plain, Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 c coconut milk
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • 2 T wheat germ

No comments:

Post a Comment