Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 8

On the weekends it is definitely harder to stay true to the cleanse.  We don't usually have much of a schedule  which makes eating healthy food a bit more challenging.  Jay-bird and I were baby-free for dinner (thanks, Grammie!), so we went out.  He graciously agreed to try the cafe at Whole Foods (which a friend recommended as an option for a local, "clean" restaurant).  That was a big deal for my meat-and-potatoes husband!!!  I ordered a giant salad and my eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach.  Everything looked so fresh and tasty!  I think all the salad ingredients were "cleanse friendly" with the exception of the cottage cheese which I used in place of a dressing.  I also spent a lot of time looking for a drink.  I could've just had water, but I was in the mood for something fun.  I searched all the labels and came up with fresh squeezed OJ.  I was craving lemonade, but all their options were loaded with added sugar (think 26 grams!), so I opted for the least processed food with no added sugar - the ingredients listed were "oranges".  I would probably bring my own drink next time or just have water.  Jay-bird had a "black and blue" burger with a side of fries.  He looked very content and his burger looked grilled to perfection :)


Here's WHAT I ATE TODAY
Breakfast

  • coffee
  • smoothie


    1. 2 scoops protein powder
    2. almond milk
    3. 2.5 spinach cubes
    4. 2 T almond butter
    5. 1 banana

Lunch

  • sliced tomato
  • roasted asparagus, smidge of butter
  • yellow bell pepper

Afternoon snack/smoothie

  • strawberries
  • almond milk
  • 2 scoops protein powder

Dinner: Whole Foods salad bar









Dessert:
I've been meaning to take a picture of this "dessert".  It looks kinda soupy here, but the yogurt/coconut milk blend to make a soft pudding consistency.  The apple gives it crunch and the flaxseed gives it texture.  I added the coconut flakes this time and it gave the dish another layer of crunchy goodness.  

  • an apple, chopped
  • 2 T ground flaxseed
  • 2 T dried coconut flakes
  • 1/4 c each of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt and coconut milk


No comments:

Post a Comment