Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 9

I got some encouraging comments at the gym this morning.  Two different people approached me with, "You really look like you've lost some weight already" and "What day of the cleanse are you on?  I can already see changes in your body."  I love my gym because the women there are so encouraging and helpful.  It's not catty or competitive - unless it's in good fun or with yourself.  Part of me wants to hop on the scale to see if my results can be measured in numbers, but I know that there are other ways to measure success that the scale.

Here's WHAT I ATE TODAY
A Green Breakfast smoothie: 

  • 2 spinach cubes
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 scoops protein powder
  • water/almond milk

Post-Workout Smoothie : [same as above]


Lunch: 
a cup and a half of lentil "soup" - I modified this recipe from Dr. Cindy.  I added tons of fresh, diced tomatoes from our Papa's garden which gave me an abundance of liquid, so I left out the coconut milk and cooked it down a bit.  It was better than the last batch and really held me over until dinner time.


Dinner: 

  • roasted asparagus
  • avocado chutney adapted from this recipe at Mommypotamus: I steamed one red bell pepper for 3-4 min, tossed it with one avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, coconut oil, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper - mmm mmmm tasty
  • a small bowl of lentils

Dessert: 
I made the Peanut Butter Banana "Ice Cream" from Chocolate-Covered Katie.  You can find the recipe here.  However, it wasn't frozen enough by the time I was ready to eta it, so I ended up going with my fruit and yogurt/coconut milk and it was as good as ever.  I'll give the "ice cream" a try tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment