Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 5

So it's been another good day.  I've felt almost euphoric at times, and I definitely have more energy.  For example, by dinner time I am usually in a mental fog and exhausted -- could literally put my head on the dinner table and take a nap!  I'm usually craving caffeine in the form of a diet dr pepper or diet coke, but knowing that it will mess up my night time sleep.  It's my daily Catch 22...  But, last night was great!  I was not at all exhausted and today I have felt better able to multi-task in my home - which means things are cleaner and more organized, which means I have more time to spend with my family and THAT makes me a happy girl :)

So, here's WHAT I ATE TODAY
Lemon water (I forgot to mention earlier that I sqeeze half a lemon into some water first thing when I wake up.  I think it's pretty gross, but I've heard it's cleansing.)
Coffee with half-and-half
Breakfast smoothie:

  • 2 scoops whey protein powder
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 2 spinach cubes (the kind I blended up and froze myself)
  • almond milk, about 1 cup
  • a handful of frozen blueberries

Lunch smoothie:

  • 1 spinach cube
  • 1/4 avocado 
  • 2 scoops whey protein powder 
  • half frozen banana 
  • 1-2 T almond butter, approx
  • almond milk, about 1 to 1.5 cups

Snacks:

  • red pepper slices
  • tomato slices
  • cucumber sticks
  • 2 apples, diced + 1/4 c each of coconut milk and plain non-fat Greek yogurt + 2 T ground flaxseed (this is yummy like a dessert!)

Dinner:

  • 1 cup lentils (yay, I can finally eat them!!!)
  • steamed broccoli
  • sliced tomato




No comments:

Post a Comment