Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 14

In an effort to keep my cravings at bay I added more carbs and rearranged my meals a little bit.  It seemed to help.  The brown rice pasta from Trader Joes was killa...  no, you read that right the first time.  I said "killa" :)  I had never tried any gluten-free pasta before and was really (pleasantly) surprised by how good it was!  So, give it a try.  I think you'll like it.  If you don't, I promise to come over and eat it all for you.  I'm nice like that.

Here's WHAT I ATE TODAY

Breakfast: coffee + peach smoothie (peach, spinach, protein powder, almond milk)

We went to Trader Joes after the gym this morning.  To "tide me over" until we got home for lunch, I stopped and got an iced coffee with light cream from Dunkin' Donuts.  Hey, Bo got donut holes, so I don't want to hear it...

Lunch:
Brown rice pasta + Roasted summer veggies

Ingredients

  • Brown rice pasta
  • 1 each - onion, squash, zucchini
  • 1 Tablespoon each - rosemary, thyme, coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon each - salt and pepper
  • cooking spray

Directions: 

  1. preheat oven to 400*; spray baking dish
  2. cook pasta according to package
  3. cut veggies and place in baking dish; add spices
  4. roast veggies for10-15 min or until tender
  5. drain pasta and toss with veggies - drizzle with oil


Afternoon Snack: a green smoothie (avocado, spinach, protein powder, almond milk)

Dinner: Salmon + roasted green beans + tomato avocado salad + sugar-free vanilla pudding

Late-night snack: decaf coffee and half/half

No comments:

Post a Comment