Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 6 Cleansing

Yesterday (day 5) started off GREAT but ended pretty blah.  Bo took a short nap that afternoon which gave me less time to get things done and made him extra grumpy.  By dinner time my patience was wearing thin and by bed time I had developed a pretty good headache.  I don't know if it was the stress of the day, the extra protein (double scoops of whey powder), the psyllum husk capsules before each meal (for a good internal scrubbing), or all the Crystal Light lemonade...  It could've also been the time I spent on Jacob's Ladder (since I haven't done that in about a week)...  Hard to tell.  This morning (day 6) I still have a bit of tension in my neck and shoulders and scalp, but I'm headed to the gym for a workout and then some yoga - so hopefully that will help me de-stress and detoxify.

Later...
The yoga definitely helped de-stress my body.  My headache is gone.  Yay!  After a trip to Costco I made some red pepper soup for dinner tonight!  It's an original carolinamombo recipe and you can get it below :)

Here's WHAT I ATE TODAY
Breakfast smoothie: 
  • 7 frozen strawberries
  • 2 spinach cubes
  • 2 scoops protein powder
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1 c almond milk
Post-workout snack: 
Lunch: 
  • red peppers
  • peach
  • 1 c lentils + a smidge of coconut milk and plain non-fat Greek yogurt
Dinner: 
  • grilled portobella mushroom
  • homemade red pepper soup 
    • ingredients: 3 red peppers, 2 onions, 2 beefsteak tomatoes, coconut oil (2 T), spices to taste (I did about a T of each cumin, garlic, oregano, and then salt/pepper to taste)
    • directions:
      1. chop all veggies
      2. put chopped veggies in a large pot with coconut oil and spices; stir
      3. cook, cook, cook (probably an hour) on medium heat, stirring as needed
      4. blend with Magic Bullet or other blending apparatus 
      5. add a dolop of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (like Fage) and enjoy!
"Dessert":
  • 2 peaches, chopped 
  • 1/4 each coconut milk and greek yogurt
  • 2 T ground flax seed


No comments:

Post a Comment